It’s hard to imagine two small island nations that are so far apart yet so similar. The native people of Okinawa and Ireland have so many things in common. It’s easy to understand why we, a small number of Karate-ka here in Donegal, Ireland have forged such a strong bond of friendship and respect with our friends and mentors in Kiyomasa Maeda Sensei’s dojo based in Itoman, Okinawa
My name is Owen Quigley, I’ve trained in martial arts for eight years now. During my time training under the guidance of sensei Michael Quinn I have acquired a broad understanding of the Kihons (basics) or karate as well as several kata with which I’m only just starting to truly deepening my knowledge of.
I came to visit, looking for Okinawan authentic Karate and I found it. Michael Sensei knows a lot and shares a lot, I loved the sensei, the style and the dojo (people).
In a more personal approach, he was very attentive, looking after me and so generous in every single moment. The group of people training with him are so friendly too and wanting to help. If you are looking for Okinawa Karate, is the perfect dojo to go...I really, really recommend it.
- 3 Day Okinawan Shogen-Ryu Karate and Yamane Ryu Kobudo Seminar July 4, 2019
- Open Seminar by Kiyomasa Maeda, Hanshi July 4, 2019
- Open Okinawan Karate and Kobudo Seminar July 4, 2019
- Karate: Exercise for the Mind and Body June 24, 2019
- March Seminar in Frankfurt, Germany February 24, 2019